The Professional Fighters League is punching its way into Europe with its inaugural European Playoffs slated for September 30 in the City of Lights. Talk about a fresh dose of continental clash!
Front and center: An all-French affair with Cedric ‘The Best’ Doumbe going toe-to-toe with Jordan Zebo. The stakes? Bragging rights and much more! Cedric, undefeated and eager, tipped the scale at 169.9 lbs, while Zebo stood firm at 170.8 lbs. Did someone just feel the temperature rise in here?
Our co-main treat features ‘The Lazy Kid’ Abdoul Abdouraguimov vs. London’s own Brad ‘The Crazy Kid’ Wheeler. Catchweight, but high voltage! Wheeler, boasting 18 career wins, checked in at 180.7 lbs, while Abdoul was a smidge lighter at 178.5 lbs.
For the fans of Light Heavyweights: Smooth Simeon Powell, Mr. Flawless, is set to tangle with Daniel Ladero. Powell, ready for round two this season, hit 205.9 lbs, while Ladero, seeking to rewrite his PFL story, was a hairline lighter at 205 lbs.
The ladies are here, and they mean business! Dakota Ditcheva of Manchester is gearing up to duel with Sweden’s Cornelia Holm in the Women’s Flyweight category. Dakota, with eyes on the Dublin prize, weighed 124.7 lbs. Cornelia, preparing for her PFL SmartCage moment, stood at 125.6 lbs.
And how can we forget the Irish trifecta? Frans Mlambo (135.3 lbs) is on a collision course with Frenchman Mokhtar Benkaci (134.9 lbs). Dublin’s pride, Dylan Tuke (155.4 lbs), has a dance date with Poland’s Jakub Kaszuba (155.2 lbs). Lastly, Cork’s John Mitchell, tipping the scale at 155.6 lbs, is yearning for that final bout in his homeland. But, a twist in the tale: Alex Chizov missed weight and the quick-footed Geisym Derouiche (156 lbs) steps in as the alternate.
- Welterweight: Cedric Doumbe (169.9 lbs) is facing Jordan Zebo (170.8 lbs) in an all-French showdown.
- Co-Main Catchweight 180lbs bout: Abdoul Abdouraguimov (178.5 lbs) is squaring off against Brad ‘The Crazy Kid’ Wheeler (180.7 lbs).
Other Notable Fights:
- Light Heavyweight Semifinals: Simeon Powell (205.9 lbs) vs. Daniel Ladero (205 lbs).
- Women’s Flyweight Semifinals: Dakota Ditcheva (124.7 lbs) vs. Cornelia Holm (125.6 lbs).
- Bantamweight Semifinals: Frans Mlambo (135.3 lbs) is going against Mokhtar Benkaci (134.9 lbs).
- Lightweight Semifinals: Dylan Tuke (155.4 lbs) is up against Jakub Kaszuba (155.2 lbs).
- Alex Chizov missed weight and has been replaced by alternate Geisym Derouiche (156 lbs) in the Men’s Lightweight Playoffs.
- Manuela Marconetto missed weight, and Valentina Scatizzi will move on with a walkover win, advancing to the PFL Europe Championship.
- Frans Mlambo, Dylan Tuke, and John Mitchell are representing Ireland in the playoffs.
- Fighters from various nationalities, including the UK, Sweden, France, Poland, and Ireland, among others, are participating.