GLORY, the world’s largest kickboxing organization, today released the official weigh-in results for GLORY: Collision 3 pay-per-view event and its freely streamed undercard, GLORY 79, emanating live from the GelreDome in Arnhem, the Netherlands tomorrow night, Saturday, October 23.
GLORY: Collision 3 featuring the “trilogy” heavyweight title fight between reigning champion, Rico Verhoeven and challenger, Jamal Ben Saddik, is exclusively available on Gloryfights.com starting at 2:00 p.m. ET, Saturday, October 23.
GLORY: Collision 3 can be purchased using credit/debit cards and the newly added payment options Apple Pay and PayPal for $24.99 USD. Gloryfights.com supports Chromecast and Airplay and is compatible with multiple devices and formats including mobile, laptop, tablet, and television via any web browser, iOS and Android apps.
Official Weigh-in Results for GLORY: Collision 3
Rico Verhoeven (267) vs. Jamal Ben Saddik (271.6)
Gokhan Saki (239.6) vs. James McSweeney (244.7)
Mohamed Mezouari (168.9) vs. Samuel Dbili (169.3)
Donegi Abena (207) vs. Sergej Maslobojev (208.3)
Benjamin Adegbuyi (261.9) vs. Antonio Plazibat (269.4)
Michael Duut (208.8) vs. John King (208.6)
Official Weigh-In Results for GLORY 79 Undercard:
Alim Nabiyev (169.3) vs. Troy Jones (169.3)
Serhii Adamchuk (143.1) vs. Aleksei Ulianov (142.9)
Matt Baker (186.5) vs. Serkan Ozcaglayan (184.1)
Stoyan Koprivlenski (154.1) vs. Bruno Gazani (154.1)
GLORY 79 will be shown free on the following platforms starting at 11:00 a.m. ET:
- Bally Sports Regional Networks (check time & date in your area)
- GLORY YouTube and Facebook channels
- GLORY website at gloryfights.com
- PLUTO TV GLORY Kickboxing Channel at pluto.tv/en/live-tv/glory-kickboxing
- Sherdog’s YouTube channel at YouTube.com/c/sherdog
Collision 3 Card Change Notes:
- October 6, 2021: Alistair Overeem withdraws from Glory: Collision 3 heavyweight championship fight vs. Rico Verhoeven due to injury (not serious).
- Heavyweight title fight is replaced with Rico Verhoeven vs Jamal Ben Saddik, which is the pair’s third “trilogy” fight.
Ø First fight in 2011: W: Ben Saddik, 1st round TKO (corner stoppage).
Ø Second fight: 2017 W: Verhoeven stoppage 5th round.
- Coincidentally, Verhoeven vs. Ben Saddik was supposed to happen in January. The fight fell off due to Saddik sustaining a back injury.
- Originally, Ben Saddik was matched for the second time against top contender Benjamin Adegbuyi (W: Ben Saddik – 1st round KO, December 2018).
- With Ben Saddik now fighting Verhoeven, Adegbuyi remains on the main card now, pitted against Antonio Plazibat.
- Plazibat was set to take on James McSweeney, former UFC fighter who, like Overeem, also makes his return to kickboxing after a long absence.
- McSweeney now fights fellow UFC vet and world-class striker Gokhan Saki – marking Saki’s first fight since leaving UFC Octagon in February.
GLORY, the world’s largest kickboxing organization, today announced the full lineup of fights and official start times for the GLORY: Collision 3 pay-per-view event and GLORY 79 card live from the GelreDome in Arnhem, the Netherlands Saturday, October 23.
Collision 3, headlined by the blockbuster heavyweight title fight between unbeaten Rico Verhoeven and two-time MMA champion and kickboxing superstar, Alistair Overeem, is exclusively available on www.gloryfights.com, commencing at an earlier start time of 2:00 p.m. Eastern. Officially on sale today at www.gloryfights.com, Collision 3 can be purchased using credit/debit cards and the newly added payment options Apple Pay and PayPal for $24.99 USD.
Collision 3 pay-per-view includes:
- Main Event: Rico Verhoeven vs Alistair Overeem, Heavyweight Championship
- Welterweight: Hamicha vs Eyevan Danenberg
- Light Heavyweight: Donegi Abena vs Sergey Maslobojev
- Heavyweight: Jamal Ben Saddik vs Benjamin Adegbuyi
- Light Heavyweight: Michael Duut vs John King
- Heavyweight: Anthony Plazibat vs James McSweeney
Gloryfights.com supports Chromecast and Airplay and is compatible with all devices and formats including mobile, laptop, tablet, and television via any web browser, iOS and Android apps.
In the leadup to Collision 3, GLORY 79 brings action in the lightweight and middleweight divisions, topping off with a heated welterweight fight with title implications on the line between Alim Nabiyev and Troy Jones.
GLORY 79 includes the following bouts and will be shown FREE on the GLORY YouTube and Facebook channels and website, www.gloryfights.com, starting at 12:00 p.m. Eastern.
- Main Event: Welterweight: Alim Nabiyev vs Troy Jones
- Middleweight: Ertugrul Bayrak vs Matej Penaz
- Middleweight: Matt Baker vs Serkan Özçağlayan
- Lightweight: Stoyan Koprivlenski vs Bruno Gazani
More viewing platforms for GLORY 79 will be announced soon. Select tickets for Collision 3 remain available for purchase now at tickets.glorykickboxing.com.
Founded in 2012, GLORY is the global leader in stand-up combat and home to the most talented stand-up fighters in the world. GLORY rules generate the most exciting form of combat with non-stop, can’t-blink action. GLORY organizes world class stand-up combat events reaching millions of fans around the world across multiple platforms.